Monday, January 23, 2017

35 mm.


As mentioned in my previous post, I am trying to live my life through a creative lens. I decided that I am going to pick up a camera and try to document my life as much as I can. When I went home for thanksgiving break, I found a little film camera at home and decided to carry it around with me. Each month I am going to go through an entire roll of film. 24 photos a month. Though it may sound super easy, I am not much of a photo person. 

Back in high school I was in love with film and having physical prints of photos. You know when your parents show you photo album after photo album of photos of you when you were a child? They always seemed to have a camera in their hands. They documented your entire life growing up and now they have those memories forever.

The internet isn't forever. At least, not as far as I know. It is rapidily growing everyday and it continues to improve. But maybe 20 years from now these websites won't exist and I won't have any photos. Maybe every moment I posted on Instagram will be erased. I want to make sure I have phsyical copies of my life duirng my 20's. So far I have 1 roll of film for the month of December and still have to finish up January's. (I also have to make sure I go develop these photos-so far I haven't devloped December). I want to fill up photo albums that I can show to my kids when I'm old about how crazy the 2000's were. 

-Alexia

No comments:

Post a Comment